- This event has passed.
Global Teachers Award Level 1
May 10, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm| £150
- Improve your understanding of diversity, sustainability, interdependence and social justice.
- Increase your confidence to bring global approaches into the classroom and promote positive and respectful behaviour
What is the course?
The Global Teachers Award is a nationally accredited scheme, supported
by Oxfam, that supports teachers in developing the skills, confidence and
practical approaches to incorporate global learning into the curriculum, and
to promote active global citizenship in the classroom.
Why take this course?
This course will encourage teachers to:
• Know more about the key concepts and ideas underpinning global learning.
• Understand different perspectives on global issues, challenging assumptions
and developing critical thinking.
• Develop fresh approaches to learning and ideas for activities to embedding
these in the curriculum and beyond
• Improve evaluating practices and measure the impact of global learning
across the school.
• Measure change and will provide tools for evaluating impact
THIS COURSE IS FOR TRAINEE TEACHERS FROM LIVERPOOL HOPE UNIVERSITY (Special Price for Students).
CONTACT karen at liverpoolworldcentre dot org TO DISCUSS THE GLOBAL TEACHERS AWARD FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR SCHOOL STAFF