- This event has passed.
Philosophy for Children – Level One
October 22, 2015 @ 9:30 am - October 23, 2015 @ 4:30 pm
Philosophy for Children (P4C) is a way of enabling children (and older learners/communities!) of taking a philosophical construct/question (i.e. is murder ever acceptable?) and having them debate, consider issues critically and listen to the opinions of other students. Overseen by a teacher/facilitator, P4C develops a learner’s cognitive, social and emotional abilities and enables them to question and think critically and bring these skills into their work.
This course is for any educator who wishes to practice P4C with their learners. Participants on this course gain the skills to:
- Encourage philosophical questioning and dialogue
- Understand how to facilitate a P4C enquiry
- Identify resources to stimulate rich discussions among your students
- Connect P4C to the curriculum
- Demonstrate philosophical enquiry in practice.
This course can be paid for using Global Learning Programme e-credits.