February 11, 2015 in Education
As mentioned previously, Liverpool World Centre and Liverpool Hope University are hosting the 8th annual Teacher Education for Equity and Sustainability Network (TEESNet) Conference on the 9th July 2015 at Liverpool Hope University. This year’s theme is: ‘From Curriculum Makers to World Shapers:
Building Capacities of Educators for a Just and Sustainable World’ and we are keen to solicit as many papers as possible from those working or interested in education. See below for more details
Guidelines for Papers
We are seeking papers that will draw upon research and/or practice to explore this theme in the following areas:
- The role of teachers and teacher educators in delivering an educational response to promoting a just and sustainable world
- The knowledge, skills, values and capabilities required of teachers in facilitating a meaningful curriculum for ESD/GC
- The role of teacher education in building the capacities of educators for a just and sustainable world
- The contribution of ESD/GC to our understanding of what it means to be an educator
Proposals are welcomed from teacher educators in universities and schools, NGOs, researchers, policy makers, classroom practitioners and those engaged in other educational settings. Papers should include a specific focus on research, practice or policy – or a combination of these.
Proposals for papers must include the following:
1. Title of paper
2. Names of presenters
3. Name and address of institution
4. Contact details including email address and telephone number
5. An outline of the paper in 300-400 words clearly indicating which area you are focusing on
6. Key words for the paper
Proposals should be submitted by Friday 13thMarch 2015 and sent by email to Dr Philip Bamber at email@example.com. Proposals will be peer reviewed by a sub -group of the TEESNetSteering Committee. Proposals that are accepted will be asked to submit a final 2500 word paper by 31st May 2015.
If you would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to book a place at the conference, at a special early-bird rate, please click here.