Future Global Leaders is an opportunity for teachers to develop a leadership programme for their pupils with support from the Liverpool World Centre. The programme was piloted in the 2021-2022 for primary and secondary schools (including SEN schools), and has been a resounding success.
Future Global Leaders is an ambitious programme which supports schools to
- Give children and young people the tools to understand the world around them and become active citizens in a compassionate, sustainable and respectful way.
- Develop pupils’ problem-solving skills and ability to think independently
- Empower students to have an impact in the world and create positive change now and in the future.
- Equip teachers with the knowledge and skills to lead on sustainable development and social justice issues.
Future Global Leaders is tailored to each specific key stage and is designed to run throughout the school year, culminating in a lively pupil conference with participating schools in the summer.
Support from Liverpool World Centre is in the form of
- An online, two-hour teacher workshop ‘Introduction to Sustainable Development Goals’.
Learn how to enhance your curriculum and enable your pupils to start their journey to becoming global citizens. A chance to meet like-minded teachers and think about how to develop active citizenship in young people. (Max. two teachers per school)
- An interactive, one-hour workshop ‘Becoming Global Leaders’ with LWC and each student group.
Ideally 12 – 15 pupils per school.
- Access to six free resources to support participant meetings.
The resources will prompt thought-provoking discussion and activities, tailored to the key stage.
- A Future Global Leaders pupil conference hosted by LWC in the summer.
A day of debate and action planning with pupils across the Future Global Leaders network.
- On-going support and opportunities to connect with other teachers participating in Future Global Leader
Pupils will be developing a social action project that will have a positive impact on their wider community, and be a wonderful opportunity to develop their own thinking and skills. All pupils will be awarded with a certificate celebrating their participation in the programme.
Participation cost to school:
- Primary schools: £375 per school
- Secondary schools:£395 per school
Email email@example.com to find out more.