Future Global Leaders is a new programme for primary and secondary school student councils and eco clubs. Future Global Leaders is an ambitious programme which will:
- Give children and young people the tools to understand the world around them and become active citizens in a compassionate, sustainable and respectful way.
- Develop pupils’ problem-solving skills and ability to think independently, empowering them to have an impact in the world and create positive change in the future.
- Equip teachers with the knowledge to lead on sustainable development issues
Future Global Leaders is tailored to your specific key stage and is designed to run throughout the school year, culminating in a lively pupil conference with participating schools in the Spring.
Future Global Leaders includes:
- An online, two-hour teacher workshop ‘Introduction to Sustainable Development Goals’. Learn how to enhance your curriculum and enable your pupils to start their journey to becoming global citizens. A chance to meet like-minded teachers and think about how to develop active citizenship in young people. (Max. two teachers per school)
- An interactive, one-hour workshop ‘Becoming Global Leaders’ with LWC and each student group. Ideally 12 – 15 pupils per school.
- Access to six free resources to support student council/eco club meetings. The resources will prompt thought-provoking discussion and activities, tailored to the key stage.
- A Future Global Leaders pupil conference hosted by LWC in Spring 2022. A day of debate and action planning, including pledges for the final term and beyond.
- All pupils will be awarded with a certificate celebrating their participation in the programme.
Cost: £350 per school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.